A collection of stone monuments from the area of the Municipality of Omišalj.

This collection of movable cultural assets makes up an in situ exhibition together with the monuments located in its immediate vicinity, especially those outside and inside the Collegiate Church of the Assumption of Mary. The inscription about the construction of the water supply for the ancient town of Fulfinum, which was located on the coast of Sepen Cove southwest of Omišalj, is particularly interesting. The inscription from the year 94 makes mention of the Emperor Domitian as the builder of the aqueduct. His name and title, as elsewhere in the Roman Empire, were officially erased by a decision of the Senate (damnatio memoriae) and removed from the surface of the stone inscription; what remains is the name of Lucius Sextis Dexter, a veteran of the Third Praetorian Cohort who, probably as an inhabitant of Fulfinum, made a donation towards some of the work on the aqueduct. Parts of the early medieval stone fittings from the early 9th-century church, which preceded the present Collegiate Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, are also worth mentioning. A tombstone slab with a Glagolitic inscription and a relief depicting the bishop’s mitre and pastoral staff, dating back to 1477, is particularly interesting. It was made for Stjepan of Zadar, the last abbot of the Benedictine monastery of St. Nicholas, which was located in front of the entrance to Omišalj. The significance of these stone fragments and other parts of local heritage has been thoroughly explained in a booklet entitled Nepoznati Omišalj (The Unknown Omišalj), a cultural and historical guide that can be obtained at the exhibition venue.